Monday, August 14, 2006

Things Nobody Can Do

Remember Peter in the book Heidi? He was a young goatherd who couldn't read. Ignoring the fact that those around him could read, he would excuse himself by saying, "No one can learn to read. It's too hard". As a child, I found that to be the height of hilarity.

I understand him so much better these days. No matter how many businesses and entrepreneurs there are around me, I find myself saying, "No one can write a business plan. It's too hard!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can.

9:02 AM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

What she said.

2:35 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

The book cover was dark red with a small picture of Peter in lederhosen. I remember him pushing Clara's wheelchair down the mountain, which forced her to walk. (Johanna Spyri was ahead of her time writing about psychosomatic ailments and mind over matter.) I still love pumpernickel bread and alpine wildflowers.

Anyway, tear yourself off a big hunk of that good dark bread with or w/o goat's milk and write your business plan NOW. Might I ask what kind of business you're starting?

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home