Monday, September 25, 2006
Previous Posts
- Who's the black private dickThat's a sex machine t...
- A True Story about the Scientist(Setting Direction...
- How Mike Got Fired From His First JobThis is a tru...
- The True Tale of a Mannerly TurtleWe're now up to ...
- The Scientist is the only man to ever give me flow...
- My back is aching from the bending and searching, ...
- Turtle update!Two new eastern box turtles.One new ...
- Our modern day feudal systemHow can big companies ...
- It gives me very great pleasure to introduce to yo...
- A riddle I made up.What South American capital was...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]




4 Comments:
Ahhhhhh. Does he Hopalong? (hee hee.)
I wish I could figure out how to arrange pictures in my posts as you do, interspersed with text. No matter what I do, they get posted where Blogger wants them to be.
You're good, you. (Robert DeNiro to Billy Crystal in "Analyze This.")
Sometimes I call him Butch.
Try going into edit and cutting and pasting until you get everything situated.
What's the difference between a tortoise and a turtle? Whatever it is, I like your wee beasties.
And your backyard looks enticing: I bet it's full of birds too.
Jake
Well, the difference between turtle and tortoise, at least in common usage, can be pretty nebulous. Box turtles, for example, can also be called box tortoises.
Just generally speaking, tortoises are more desert-y and turtles are more water-y.
My personal experience is that tortoises (the dry guys) are more friendly than turtles, but I'm not sure why that should be the case.
Every so often, I see some quail in my back yard, which is nice. Once there was a coatamundi, which totally took me by surprise.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home