Tuesday, September 05, 2006

***Warning....Scatalogical Topic***

One of my uncles used to disparagingly refer to sweets as "crap and corruption". At very young ages, my sister and I picked that phrase up and shortened it. We called candy "crap", but it still tasted good to us. As a little girl, Sister had a sweet tooth that was almost out of control. Ma tried to rein her in by promising her one piece of candy a day, every day, but no more than that.

The next day, Sister was riding in the cart at the grocery store as Ma did some shopping. As they passed the candy aisle, Sister saw the sweets and shouted, "I want my crap now, please!" Ma tried to shush her, but no one has ever successfully managed to keep that one quiet. She just howled louder, "You PROMISED! You said I could have one crap a day! I want my crap now!"

3 Comments:

Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

It was really YOU, wasn't it? And your "sister" is a relative of Imaginary Billy.

12:09 PM  
Blogger d~ said...

*laughing* No, believe me, the Sister really exists. I would have shushed.

We were on a car trip once and Ma was tired of our chatter. She suggested a game to see who could keep quiet. Sister burst out after about one minute, "If I don't talk, my teeth feel like they're gonna explode!"

4:12 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I can relate. I was just like her, the one my mother always said had been vaccinated with a phonograph needle. (Does anybody know what that is anymore?)

So DID Sister's teeth ever explode?

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home