Sunday, June 25, 2006


Well, things are just peachy here! Sheesh!

I showed this picture to the turtles. Then I told them all about Owen the baby hippo and Mzee the tortoise who live together and are best friends. I expected that they would love the story and they did, of course.

What I did not expect was to have 28 turtles clamoring for baby hippo best friends of their own!

I should have learned from the last time. I told the turtles about a dolphin who had a turtle for a best friend. Then they all wanted a dolphin best friend. At least in that case I hadn't shown them a picture of the dolphin, so I was able to trick them. I gave them each a rock and claimed the rocks were dolphins. There were a few complaints about dolphins being boring, but overall my ruse was a success.

This time, though, they've seen a picture of a hippo, so I can't trick them with plastic Barbie doll heads or crumpled up pieces of paper.

So....anybody know where I can get 28 baby hippos cheap?

2 Comments:

Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Hmmm, I might be able to come up with 9 or 10, but 28 is a pretty tall order. How soon do you need them?

Meanwhile, there must be a million creative endeavors utilizing recycled Barbie doll heads. Dare I ask what you use the bodies for?

11:58 AM  
Blogger d~ said...

Hush now! I've just gotten the turtles to forget about hippos and I don't want to bring it up again with them.

I actually don't have Barbie doll heads on hand, but I imagine I could get some at thrift stores easily enough if I had to.

What I do have it one cupboard and two drawers full of scratch paper. Any advice on what to do with that?

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home